Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions

   So... my hubby was right...again.  Man!  I wish I wouldn't have made such a stink about the issue.  My plate of crow is rather large right now and may take a while to digest.
   I am slowly learning to appreciate the wisdom of my man.  He takes a while to think things through.  This can be a trial for me as I am more of a "snap decision" kind of person.  When he does finally voice his thoughts, I don't always give them the attention I should because my opinion is already formed.  As I mentioned before, I'm learning.  I'm a slow learner because it has taken me nearly 8 years to figure out that God knows what He's doing when He puts the man in charge of a family.  I admit, I've still got a ways to go.  It's hard to sit back and trust.  But it usually works out better that way.
   Now he isn't always right, just most of the time.  There was a situation recently where I voiced my opinion (I'm rather good at that if I do say so myself!) and it just happened to be right.  However, he is usually on target with what he's thinking.  
   So what I'm thinking (I told you I'm good at voicing my thoughts!) is that maybe I should learn to trust him a little more.  Sure, I can tell him what's on my mind and he does a good job of listening, but mercy sakes, I gotta quit badgering him to hurry up and think.  Sometimes a snap decision is called for and I shine in such a case, but overall, it's his job to lead not mine no matter how badly I may want to.  And to be honest, I don't really want to be the head decision maker.  I'd rather leave it to him... just as long as he decides to do it the way I want to do it.  No, seriously, I don't want to have to face the consequences of a bad decision.  I'd rather he handle it.  I'm always ready to receive praise for the good choices though!  Which reminds me, my husband also likes to get credit for the spot on decisions and I should be liberal with my admiration.
   Anyway, this decision that I'm talkin' about, he was a little reticent to dive in.  I had some reservations, but hey, everything is gonna work out!  It always does.  What I failed to remember is that while everything usually works out in the end, there are less painful ways of getting the desired result. 
   So, my farmer was right.  I was wrong.  One of the best things about my man is that he is not one to rub my nose in my mistakes.  Nope, he didn't set the plate of crow in front of me.  I sorta loaded it up all by myself because I felt a bit remorseful for not recognizing his wisdom in this matter.  He's a picture of mercy and grace to me.  He let me off the hook and doesn't take every opportunity to remind me that I was wrong.  Somebody just tape my mouth shut.  I tend to be like an elephant, I remember every mistake and I can sometimes be quite the historian.  In short my hubby is a picture of Christ to me.  (No, he is not Christ and I do not worship him, I said a picture.  Whew!  Glad we cleared that up.)  He forgives freely and forgets frequently (sometimes he does this too well, and I end up with grimy whites, but that's a whole 'nother subject.) my sins and the injustices he suffers at my hand (or mouth).   He's truly a Godly man.
   I'm a work in progress.  What can I say?  I can unload my opinion and he can evaluate it and do what he deems best.  I can rest in that because I know that he loves me and wants what is best for our family.  He's a good man and I am blessed to have him. 
  So my job, learn to appreciate the wisdom of this wonderful man and keep my mouth shut more often.  It's a process.  It may take a lifetime to truly appreciate just what a special man I have.  He's that deep.  He truly is a catch!  Just as your spouse is the perfect catch for you!
    
  

1 comment:

  1. You had me laughing! :) I don't enjoy crow either but I sure know how it tastes! :)

    ReplyDelete