I've got a bad case of the humdrums. It seems like at least one family member or another has been sick ever since the middle of November. That's quite a long time to be constantly doctoring my family or enduring sickness myself. I guess that I'm just burnt out.
I had stomach flu a week ago and passed it on to the rest of the family. The first one started throwing up on Friday and the rest followed early Sunday morning. I was just getting to sleep at 1 a.m. Sunday morning when my 3 year old came down and informed me that she was missing her supper. That was one of the longest nights. I didn't crawl into bed until 6 a.m. only to be awakened at 7 because my girl just wanted some company.
My hubby in the mean time had also succumbed to the flu and was out of commission. Since I am the women's Sunday School teacher for the month, and since I had missed last Sunday because I had the flu, I got dressed and went to teach and then came back home.
Needless to say, I'm tired. I'm worn out. I just want a break. Am I being selfish? I feel really selfish. Yet, I hardly ever go anywhere or do anything. I feel very cooped up. I just want to leave the girls somewhere and go do something completely lazy or goofy.
Those desires make me feel very ungrateful. I just went to Florida and had a wonderful time. I also had a very nice Valentine's evening with my man. Yet, I still just want to get out and away! I've even threatened to lock myself in the bathroom and plug my ears for a bit of respite! I used to make fun of Mom's who did this, but I think that I'm starting to understand. Sometimes I have so many requests coming at me from the girls or my hubby, that I can't fulfill them fast enough. They get frustrated and I get angry. Not a good combination.
And, NO, spring will not take care of the cabin fever. Spring only brings more work and its work that I really don't enjoy, so please don't try console me with the thought of spring.
You will have to excuse this post. I really wanted to make this blog a positive place to visit, but today, I just feel tired and a bit bored.
When I think about the privilege that I have of raising two precious little girls and being the one that they run to for help, I feel honored that God has entrusted them to me. But on days like today, I have trouble seeing over the top of the pile of soiled laundry and the dirty dishes that I've only washed a million times.
I am blessed. I have to keep telling myself that. Whenever the daily routine gets to the point that I become nauseous just thinking about redoing someones hair one more time, I try to make a point to remember that I am SO very blessed.
Tiny little hands placed in mine, requests to be held, giggles, and goofy smiles over silly things like hats on cows; all good reminders that what I have is priceless.
Don't worry, I'll get over my humdrum attitude soon (I hope). Until then, I'm looking forward to a good long nap this afternoon!
Monday, February 18, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment