Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Birthdays, Donkeys, and Harvest

   Well, first of all this peanut is having a Birthday!  She's 4 now and likes to think that she's pretty grown up.  She's gentle and sweet, loves babies, dolls and anything pertaining to dolls. She also likes to cook and I can't wait to turn the kitchen over to her in a few years! She likes her Daddy's donkeys and enjoys doing the chores with him.  She loves to wrestle with her Daddy and little sister.
  I remember 4 years ago how I desperately wanted this little girl OUT of my womb.  I had wanted to have a baby so badly that I never even gave it a thought that a pregnancy could be hard.  I just took it for granted that when I got pregnant that it would be easy and fun!  NOT so much.
   In my pride, I had vowed that I was not going to "give in" to such a silly thing as sickness.  I was convinced that it was just in a person's head to be sick.  Oh boy!  God took me down a notch or two in that area!  Mercy sakes!
  I was delighted that we were going to welcome a child, but I distinctly remember the day that the morning/all day sickness hit.  It was there to stay for the next 5.5 months.  Ugh!  I remember the days when the act of just standing up sent me running to the bathroom.  Some days I just decided that it was easier to crawl around on all fours.  As I was lying on the living room floor just wanting to die, I kept telling myself that it was all worth it and that this baby was an answer to my fervent prayers.  The whole pregnancy was dotted with one stresser after another.
   When they placed the smallest and most beautiful baby I had ever seen in my arms, I knew that the months of sickness and pain were definitely worth it!  She was such a delicate little creature with fine features, tiny little face and a skinny little body.  We fell in love at once.  It's funny how that Mama Bear instinct kicks in immediately!  She's worth every ache and pain, and every lost meal.  Her value is inestimable!  We are still enjoying her and all the fun quirks she has that make us laugh and love her more.


   I once again decided to make her cake.  No, it's not Pinterest quality, but it worked just fine for us!  Besides, it was very tasty and when it all comes right down to it, isn't that the most important thing anyway?

   So, we have miniature donkeys.  For a long time Daddy has been talking about getting a saddle for them so that the girls could ride.  Yes, I will admit that I gave a few eye rolls and really never thought that he was serious.  Friends, he was serious.  Yes, my girl got a saddle for her birthday.  I suppose that it's a good thing because it gives her and Daddy something to do together and will provide some important father/daughter bonding time.

   After I saw the saddle on the honk-a-donk, I must admit that it was a pretty cute picture!  Who knows, I might even go out and saddle up a donkey and lead her around!  She had a lot of fun with it until we put the saddle on a different donkey who isn't as beefy.  We couldn't tighten the saddle enough and so it rolled and she fell off into Daddy's arms.  That scared her and we had to force her to get back on, but I think that she'll do fine.  And if you're wondering, the donkey didn't have a problem with the saddle.  He didn't buck or try to fight it.


   In other news, harvest is in full swing and has been for the last month.  Because we can't seem to find dry corn, it is dragging on and on it seems.  As an observant person can tell, this picture was taken a month ago while we were still combining beans.


   This little farmer girl was gearing up for harvest and was "helping" Daddy wash the tractor.  


   And while we are on the subject of my youngest, it seems like she can't smile without putting her whole little body into it!  If you want a real smile from her, you will automatically get the shoulders and arms involved.  It's just one of those quirks that make her unique.  Love that little girl!
   Well, that about sums it up for now!  Have a fantastical day!





   

No comments:

Post a Comment