(I use Rhodes white dinner rolls)
1 pkg. cook & serve butterscotch pudding
1/2 to 1 cup pecan halves
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
Spray a bundt pan with nonstick shortening. Place pecans in bottom of pan. Next put in frozen rolls. Sprinkle the dry pudding mix over the rolls. Melt butter and stir in brown sugar and cinnamon and pour over the top of the rolls. Cover the pan with foil and let it sit on the counter to raise overnight. In the morning uncover and bake at 350 for 40 min. Cover with foil if they are browning too quickly. These are great for a Sunday morning breakfast. All you have to do on Sunday morning is stick 'em in the oven and enjoy!
Ok, so I hesitate to add this next one because it's a recipe that I made up from a couple of other recipes and from eating out at Red Lobster. We love Red Lobster and so I decided to try to make something similar to our favorite dish there. Anyway, this is the mess I came up with. Please excuse the lack of exact measurements. I just dump. This recipe keeps you hopping so it's not for the faint of heart. Just so you know!
Shrimp & Linguine
1 lb uncooked shrimp (preferably peeled, and deveined)
| You can get Red Lobster biscuit mix at Sam's. I highly recommend them! |
1 TBS minced garlic
2 tsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp pepper
pinch of parsley
Put all ingredients into a ziploc bag and allow to marinate for 2 hours.
Saute over medium heat in a large pan:
2 TBS butter
2 TBS olive oil
1 box of brown mushrooms
Season with onion salt and garlic salt.
Here's where it gets dicey because I don't time it nor to I measure the salts (seems like it takes quite a bit of the salts). I just know that it takes mushrooms a long time to get to the point where I like 'em. Maybe 15-20 min.? After the mushrooms get close to being tender, I add as much asparagus as I want to. (You might have to add a bit more butter and oil and you will definitely have to add more onion and garlic salt. Just taste it. You'll know when to quit.) Usually it's just one bunch the size of what you can buy at the grocery store. Cook until just about tender.
Meanwhile cook as much linguine as you need to feed your crew.
Put the shrimp on the skewers (I use metal skewers because that's what I have. Be sure you soak wooden ones in water before you try to use them or they will burn up.) Shrimp only takes 5 minutes total to grill. You flip 'em over at the halfway mark. Don't over cook or they get a bit rubbery.
Add:
1/4 cup table cream
2 TBS parmesan
To the mushroom and asparagus mixture. Add your noodles and shrimp. I sometimes like to cut up grape tomatoes and add them too. You have to wait until the very last on those or they turn to mush.
I like to make this when it's cold. It's not cold here anymore, but it's easy and so I'm gonna add it. I like it better than the traditional tomato soup. We also like to have grilled ham & cheese sandwiches with our soup.
Tomato Soup
3 TBS butter
2 cloves of garlic
Melt butter and add onions and garlic. Cook until soft.
Add:
1 quart tomato juice
3 cups of chicken broth
Salt & pepper to taste
Very yummy desert. Rhubarb is about done here, but you can keep the recipe for next year!
Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
1 1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
4 cups rhubarb
2 cups strawberries
2 TBS butter cubed
Mix and put into a greased 9x13 pan. Dot with the butter
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup oil
1/3 cup warm water
Stir until it forms a ball. Roll out between two pieces of wax paper. Dump the crust on top of the fruit mixture in the pan. Brush with cream, sugar, and cinnamon. Bake 375 for 30 min.
Hope you enjoy these! Please excuse the poor quality pictures. I don't have a lot of time to mess with the blog now that summer is here. Have a splendid day my friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment