This past weekend I witnessed my Mom get married. It's strange to be at your Mother's wedding, but it's also kind of neat. She's happy and that makes me happy.
I went home earlier last week to help with last minute details. It didn't seem like there was much that I could help with since I am in charge of two active little girls, but I did the best I could. It was so much fun to be with family again. I miss them terribly when I'm at home and can't easily insult my nieces or plan things with my sister. I enjoy my nieces and nephews a lot and my girls enjoy being with their cousins.
 |
This little girl fell in love with her tallest cousin. He was a
life saver because he entertained her for a while so that
I could have a break! |
 |
| My little doll with her little doll. |
 |
| All the girl cousins minus the one taking the picture. |
We were scurrying around all week trying to get set up for the backyard wedding. Mom wanted pie and ice cream instead of cake, so me, my sister, and my two oldest nieces had spent a day making pies two weeks before and we stored them in the freezer. Those had to be taken out and baked and the yard had to be made to look beautiful. The reception was held in the machine shed and my niece was put in charge of decorations. We raided our flower gardens and our neighbors flower gardens and had flowers stashed everywhere! It really was beautiful! My niece has a knack!
 |
| Getting flowers for the reception. |
 |
Imagine walking through a field of
heavenly perfume. That about sums up this picture! |
 |
| My home state is beautiful. |
Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of the shed all decorated for the reception. It truly is a sad thing because it looked spectacular! There were dead branches hung from the rafters with christmas lights twined through them. On the walls of the shed, she had shutters painted all different colors and decorated with things like little bow ties, ladies white gloves, old hats, doilies, christmas lights, pictures of the couple, and anything cute and old fashioned that she could scrounge up. The tables were decorated with a hodge podge of glassware filled with either a candle or flowers. It was quaint, and old fashioned, mismatched, but full of charm! I loved it! There were flowers strewn around everywhere.
 |
| Two of my favorite people in their wedding finery! |
The back yard looked great! We (I use that term a bit loosely because I didn't have a much to do with the outside work.) had worked hard and planted a lot of flowers and finally we were ready!
 |
| The expectant groom. |
 |
| The jittery bride. |
My big bro walked her to the groom and gave her away which I thought was sweet. (He would roll his eyes if he knew that I said that! He's too manly to be termed "sweet", but he'll get over it!)
 |
The whole motley crew. I was privileged to be in the back!
It's one of the perks of being tall! |
So, now my Mom is remarried and no longer a lonely widow. It's weird, but good. The groom is a good man and a kind man. He treats my Mom like fine china which makes me glad.
Since his home is in Alaska, they will be jetting off this week to go to his territory for the next 3 months. They will come back for the winter. I'm hoping to get an Alaskan vacation out of this whole deal, but who knows! It's pretty expensive to fly and there is
NO way I wanna drive it with my little pipsqueaks! We'll have to see.
Anyway, that's what we've been up to lately!
No comments:
Post a Comment